Saturday, May 14, 2011

Rambling...

How does a man who lost everything in the storm consider himself one of the lucky ones? Because he still has his life, he still has his family. That was what I heard today from the man behind the counter at the post office wearing a great big smile. He is just one of the many heroes from April 27. Talking about that day still gives me chills, and it will always bring tears to my eyes. One of the sweetest girls I know said "you dream about having a wedding your entire life and then after this, it's just a wedding. It's strange to look forward to something your entire life, and within a day, it doesn't really matter anymore." Her fiancé sat through that tornado in his bathtub. He is just another one of the lucky ones. Here I am thinking I am so lucky because we didn't lose anything, when the ones who held on tighter than they ever have before consider themselves the lucky one? That amazes me. They know in some horrible way it could have been worse. I don't know how, because it's bad, but they walked out of the rubble a survivor, and more thankful than ever to still be here today. They are the heroes in this tragic story. I think Ryleigh said it best today as we were driving home and had to pass by houses that no longer line the streets. She knew a storm had passed through, and that it was scary. She also said it was so sad, but that God will make it all better. A three year old really knows how to put the hardest times into a beautiful perspective. She is so right. The devastation is still unremarkable. It will be for a very long time, and in the end God wont let anyone begin this uphill battle alone. He will make this all better.




1 comment:

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...