Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Memory Lane


Sunday, I made a quick trip down to Tuscaloosa. It is where I spent five years of my young adult life. Tears were shed, laughs were laughed, money was spent, but I have memories that will last a lifetime. I haven't been back since May and this was only the second time I have been down there to see the tornado damage. Our real last day of school was the day of the tornadoes, except one day we had to take a computer test. It still breaks my heart. To pull up to a huge four way stop that you know so well, and to see nothing in its place is very much heartbreaking. I drove around with a huge lump in my throat, but I know they will come out on top. I sure do love that town.

However, I did go down to see my long lost friend, Ashley. We ate dinner Sunday night at our favorite mexican restaurant, El Rincon. The raspberry margarita was the perfect ending to a long week. On Monday we did a little shopping, then had another great lunch at Roly Poly. No, I was never an Alabama Cheerleader, and don't quite see that in my future, but that pin sure is cute! RTR. >> that is just our way of saying Roll Tide Roll.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...