Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"Peace for the Past"

 A good friend RT this blog. You can find its original here

"I think one of the keys to life, happiness and success is about learning and always moving forward. We have to learn from the experiences we have, the heartaches we go through and continue to move past them into the light of a new day of opportunity.

Too many times did I lose sight of what was important to me, what really mattered in my life, by staying caught up in what I had suffered from in the past. There’s a certain lack of responsibility that goes along with this, because I somewhat blamed others for the painful experiences I’d had and not given credit to the fact that most often I’d had a choice in the matter. I wasted a lot of energy-I was giving my power away.

I started to then feel the deep need to control as much as I could in my life, thinking that I could work harder to prevent anymore hurt/heartache. I mean, who would want to go through the same painful things again? It wouldn’t be a possibility for me! Yet, ultimately, I realized that life simply doesn’t work like that. I don’t think there’s really ANYthing that we can control. So, again, I found myself giving my power away.

It’s like a stream: water is flowing down continuously and if you throw a rock, a boulder or two, into it, the water will continue to just flow around it. It will always find a way of continuing to move. Such is life. Therefore, I had to continue to move. Move from my thoughts of guilt, my thoughts of painful memories, and my thoughts of control. I needed to be peaceful and move forward.

We are loving beings at our core. We are seamless; we are fluid. We just need to keep connecting with that foundation.

I am FAR from perfect in any way, but I choose each and every day of my life to move forward from the past to create the life I enjoy living. I believe everything happens for a reason and there are only messages/truths to learn that give us the ability to grow stronger and be better people. And therefore, we cannot let our thoughts lie in the past. I believe that whatever we went through, we did the best that we could at that time with the tools we had acquired along the way. It’s only important to ‘keep collecting’ those tools. So that when difficult times arise, we are better prepared and can move forward more quickly.

“No matter where you are in life right now, no matter who you are, no matter how old you are it is never too late to be who you are meant to be.” "

I love this post. We all have a past. I totally believe most people are loving beings at their core, but that that doesn't mean at some point or another we have made some bad choices.  I have. Sometimes I feel like my past is as colorful as they come, but isn't everyone's? Its how we choose to step forward. Its how we choose to pick up what's left, tape it back together, and take a leap of faith into the unknown. I haven't been the best at any of the above. I pull all of these pieces through life with me, dragging them along, knocking down everyone and everything in my way. Well sometimes at least.

This post is totally inspiring. I shall read it everyday. Or try to. Each day I do try and make a genuine effort to leave what I can not change behind. Today is a brand new day. I can not say I am at peace with who I was or what I did, but right now I am okay. I think I needed a sense of closure with some of it, and that I may never have, but as long as the people in my life right now know me for me, and I know me for me, then that will lead me into a beautiful and bright future. I am pretty excited about today and maybe even tomorrow. But for now, today is all we have.


1 comment:

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...