Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Life-Tox

{disclaimer: The actual day 1 was April, 20, 2015. I wanted to really take everything in before I started posting again. I didn't write every single day, but you will catch a few posts here and there.}

Day 1.
I'm not sure what will be harder...going without social media for the next 21 days (or longer) or actually staying on social media for the next 21 days. They say it takes 21 days to make a habit. It has become a rather unhealthy relationship. So instead of trying to make it work, we rid it from our lives. People quit smoking cold turkey, I can do this. It just gets to be too much when it's the last thing you do before you go to bed and the first thing you do when you wake up...then you check it again. I don't want to wake up wondering what's going on in my social networks, I just want to roll out of bed because I'm 100% sure I've just hit the snooze 5 times. I can do things that are good for my soul, like writing again. I can even mow the yard without instagramming about it. I also want to paint and I've put it off since I've moved in because I was the only one who wanted to do it. I'll probably be throwing myself off the high dive without any swimmies trying to tackle this paint job by myself, but I'm hopeful I'll bring in backup by the end of it. All I'm saying is I have to do for me. Life is way too short to live it in the hopes that people will ever be who they used to be. People change and as bad it just sucks, we grow apart and sometimes we even want different things. Instead of forcing this world to go round, it's time for me to take a huge leap of faith and love me for a little while. I was originally going to write live for me, but my phone autocorrected that to love. I think I'll stick with love. So, for the next 21 days (or longer) you may just catch a blog from me. What you won't catch, is a cute snapchat of my pups or a pretty picture on Instagram of my sweet little nieces or nephews. You can find those right here. I'm calling this my little life-tox. (That's courtesy of an awesome book called, It's Called a Breakup Because it's Broken. They suggested a he-tox so I'm going to take it a little further). Detox all that stresses me out or that's just not healthy. That comes with eating too. I wouldn't necessarily call myself a terrible eater but when Taco Bell is a staple, it's time to remember that my metabolism went out the window when I paid for my dreaded 10 year HS reunion. Where in the world has the time gone? I'm going to start this 21day fix with a shakeology plan to jumpstart this new life-tox. Planning is half the battle. Im excited for the challenges and excited to see the results. I'll do my best to keep up with it via the blog. 
Stay tuned friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...