Monday, November 29, 2010

DAY 14.

The next two weeks I will give you, or try and give you a small little glimpse into the life of a nursing student. Although some have husbands, wives, and/or kids, and work.... I just have work and school.  I counted the social life out 4 semesters ago. And I still haven't figured out how people do this with added pressure, but it makes them all that much more awesome.

So for me, on my 14th day until the end of the 4th semester, I will go to school, and do my best not to be late. We will learn of heart monitors, and ECG strips, and V-tach, OH my! Makes me cringe too. We will listen, absorb, take notes, and do our best to stay alert for the entire 2.5 hours.

Then, because it is monday, I will eat lunch with my daddy. We will eat at a chinese restaurant, and I will hope my fortune is correct.
Then I will head back to school and study//gossip for 2 hours with my buddy, kelli. We will get hardly anything done since we haven't seen each other in quite a while. I will learn a little more about dysrhythmias though. Excitement!

Next up is preclinicals. You know, go to the hospital, pick a patient, meet patient, fill out tons and tons of paperwork on sans patient. Blah blah blah, that's all I hear these days too. Its all about as much fun as it sounds. Promise.

Then I make my 40+ mile trek home, to begin paperwork. Another deep breath, because I woke up with some killer allergy nonsense this morning. Let's not forget this lovely Bama weather. 72 on thanksgiving and 49 the day after, or something like that. Either way, one other reason I love summer!!! 

So Ill do paperwork, I will study, and I will go to bed. And I will wake up tomorrow and start a brand new day. But today is still 14 days away. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...