Thursday, June 3, 2010

Fairytales and Princless Lands


I'm a dreamer. I'm a believer. I'm a lover of all things imagination. Of all things fairytales. I wouldn't call it an obsession. I would just call it something I am very in tuned to about myself. I know I am 23 and maybe my time of being a princess has elapsed. I don't think it has. I don't think it ever will. I mean have you been to Disney World? I am not talking about a princess with Daddy's credit cards or always wanting more more more. I am actually talking about Cinderella. I am talking about Minnie Mouse. I consider her a princess even if Disney didn't trademark her as one. I often find myself drifting off into a land of another. Just my typical daydreams. I strongly believe in fairytales. Every girl should. Maybe not the whole knight in shining armour thing. Maybe he is a knight in khakis and a golf shirt. Maybe he doesn't save me from a real dragon, but the dragons and demons of life. And just maybe my knight has been with me all this time. Who knows. I don't think all fairytales play out like the movies. I mean, most of the movies are the same. There is this couple, somehow they break up or drift apart, and 15 minutes until the end, he or she comes rushing back in to save the day. Its a fairytale. But we don't typically find those in real life. I said not typically, every now and then someone is sure to break that mold. I love princesses. I love the idea of it. Maybe deep down I am a princess. Just not in a giant castle, big blue dress, pumpkin turned into carriage kind of way. For now, I have my hair tied back with a scarf and I am scrubbing the floors, singing with the birds, waiting for the knock on the door for someone to find the match to the missing glass slipper. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...