Thursday, June 3, 2010

Just a little girl...

Lost in the moment. I use that saying a lot when I describe myself. Its in the about me section of my twitter profile, favorite quotes on my facebook page, and of course the title to my blog. Way back when I used to grace my presence as a retail worker, one certain song always caught my attention. If you have ever had the pleasure of working retail, then you know the workers have absolute no control over the tunes blasting throughout the speakers. Corporate sends a cd for each month and we are to play that cd, when and only when it is exactly time. Heaven forbid, a district manager, or gaspppp.... a regional manager walk in to hear the wrong tunes. TSK TSK.

Back to the song. Its the show by Lenka. Here is a little piece of the chorus.
I'm just a little girl lost in the moment
I'm so scared but I don't show it
I can't figure it out, it's bringing me down
I know I've got to let it go and just enjoy the show

A lot of times I really do feel like a girl whose is just lost in the moment. Sure, I know what I want 5 years from now, I even know what I want 10 years from now. I know that I want to be a nurse. I know that I want a family with a lot of children. I want dogs running in and out of the house with the wrap-around porch. I even have names picked out for all of the above. And I cannot wait. Nonetheless, I still feel like I am lost in the moment, lost in all the commotion, lost in this big world that never stops turning. I don't think that its a bad thing. Sometimes though I feel like I can barely keep my head above the water and I am hanging on for dear life. I never know which direction life is going to take me next, and mostly I am okay with that. I have an awesome rock as a support system and all I need to keep me afloat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...