Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Get it together Missy

I don't know if its because its summer time, or my overwhelming love for the sun, but my motivation for this summer is a far cry from what it is supposed to be. I just can't get in the mood to study. And I love my class, my teacher, our lectures, but studying is whole other story and I am just unmotivated. Our first test is less than a week away, and although I am on my study schedule, and following it like I am supposed to, its like pulling teeth to get started. I would so much rather lay out, without a horrible rectangle suntan line on my thighs from the 25 lb book, I would rather sleep late, watch my favorite afternoon shows. Have you ever seen wife swap? Gah, how I love that show. Its so much fun! I don't think I could ever allow those cameras in on my future family and life but some of the people that do are... hilarious. Who knew we had pirates roaming around this earth that started "talk like a pirate day" or the parents who make their children pay for their vacations...and these children are well under 5. I could and do watch that show all the stinkin time. Love it. Where was I, oh yeah, motivation! I have NONE, nada, zilch.... Except for knowing that in less than a year I will be graduated. I will or try to be my own big girl! I have some pretty awesome parents who don't allow me to hit the bottom too hard. Yes, I have worked since I was 16, pay for anything that I WANT, gas, and all the extras...but they have always taken care of me. They are my rocks and I wouldn't have made it this far without them. So in less than a year I get a huge responsibility. I become a person that I have always dreamed about. I know most adults in the real world often say they would love to be back in school. I'm sure I will have that yearning one day but for now I am yearning, cannot wait to be on my own. I know I will not be able to do it all by myself, but to not have to rely on everyone around me sure will be nice. And knowing all of this certainly has brought my dreams and wants back to a realistic level. My mercedes g wagon will have to wait and so will my annual trips to disney world. But to anyone who is reading, I would love love love a trip to disney for graduation!! How much fun would that be? I already have a minnie pin with her as a nurse! So my motivation for the days and weeks ahead of me is waiting on me and is less than a year away!! :) So I guess I will go study some more GI, you know, gastroinstestinal, and I will blog later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...