Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hello Wednesday!

Hello Wednesday. How are you. Sorry that I have been non-existent. School is overtaking my life, as usual. We had our first test monday....HARD. But I passed. I think that's all that matters, and I hope I now kind of have an idea of what the future tests will look like. Just hard and harder. But as long as I take it one day at a time, I know I will be okay. And as long as I know I can do this, I will do this. I will become a nurse.

I often talk about my dreams and future goals and aspirations. I love dreaming, I love wondering, I love trying to imagine what the future holds. But I forget to remember that we are never promised tomorrow, we don't know what God has for us in our future, and all we have is today. I am so blessed to have dreams and goals but I think it is time to take a step back and just have today. I don't think it will make nursing school any easier, but maybe more manageable. Of course, I still have all of the dreams I have talked about, but for now I think I will concentrate on the present. I will focus on the right now, what's right in front of me, and not get myself worked up over a future I don't even have control over.

Right before our test Monday, our teacher shared with us this poem. So here is my Wednesday words.


The Man who thinks He Can
If you think you are beaten, you are;
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you'd like to win, but think you can't
It's almost a cinch you won't.
If you think you'll lose, you've lost,
For out in the world we find
Success being with a fellow's will;
It's all in the state of mind.
If you think you're outclassed, you are:
You've got to think high to rise.
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.
Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man,
But soon or late the man who wins
Is the one who thinks he can.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...