Saturday, June 26, 2010

got a little CHANGE in my pocket...

No really I don't. It kinda bogs down my pockets and I absolutely cannot stand things in my pockets. But I don't really carry a purse either. I was never a purse collector, I have a few favorites, a few go tos, but I am not a purse person, not a fancy bracelet wearer, or any of the sorts. I used to weigh myself down with chains and chains of long necklaces, and bangles upon bangles of bracelets but for now ill stick with my eternity necklace my mom gave me for my birthday a few years back, because as she said, "I will always be her baby." And my favorite friendship and braided bracelet that I got for 3 dollars at the beach. So no to purses, unless absolutely necessary, instead, I have my trusty key chain zipper pouch that houses all the essentials. Check card. Check. License. Check. Insurance card. Check. Sometimes cash. Check. Oh and keys. Check. And if I don't need my keys, the cards fit quite nicely into my boy's wallet or my bff's totally cute clutch. I know I have some somewhere, but I always forget to dig them out when I need them. Okay so nothing weighing down the pockets, the necks, or the wrists, all a little too much for me. I don't even have pockets on these ever so comfy shorts.

Oh back to that title. Change. That's a funny word. With several meanings. It is all in the eye of the beholder I suppose. Do people really change? Are we able to really deep down whole heartedly, 180 degree change? Or do people just become better or sometimes worse versions of who they are, have always been, who they always will be? Maybe that's all the same question. Because surely someone is always going to have a little bit of who they have always been embedded somewhere in all of that skin, and layers, and tissue, and organs, and stuff. (school is always on my mind). Maybe they do. I do. Sure I have changed. So to answer that, people can change, I think. They sure do have the ability to do so, it is just a matter of want, where, and when. With an emphasis on the want. And sure there are still pieces of me that I have always had, always will have. But I have changed, I am growing, I am always learning, I am constantly thinking and doing. I am ever changing. As long as my core is solid and stable, I think change is a good thing. But it must be a good change in order for it to be considered good, right? My solid foundation will always consist of me loving God with all of my heart, being a child deep down, loving all things pink,princesses, and floral. I love my family, friends, doing for others, laughing too loud, caring way too much, loving unconditionally, crying while watching full house, and sometimes showing that last child syndrome. Sure there is a lot more to me, but those are the basic things that make up a good bit of who I am. I am southern girl, with dreams as big the big blue sky. And I always will be. No matter where I might end up. But I have changed. Sometimes you have to in order to move on, live your life the way you have always dreamed of living it. I still at times have the ability to be naive, but I have learned that not every person is good. So watch out for those bad apples. I am for sure not as passive as I once considered myself to be. I have opinions, and I have a voice. I have changed in knowing that what other people think about you really doesn't and shouldn't matter. Or that is something I am still learning. Its a constant battle. A constant struggle, which goes back to that core of caring way too much. I have changed physically, mentally, and emotionally. But its all just a learning process. I don't trust as easily, I don't judge a book by its cover, and stand up to what I believe. I smile big, act goofy, and remember to never go to bed mad. But that's always been me. And I am no longer afraid to show it. So sure I have changed. I'm not the same person I was in middle school, when I let the bullies do the bullying, and the girls fight their catty fights. And for sure not the same girl from high school, who stood beside someone and got played for a fool...I pulled that knife out of my back a long time ago. >>For the record, God teaches us to forgive. I forgave. God teaches us to love. I love you more than you'll ever know. But he also teaches us that we do not have to be friends, and I never will.<< So yes, I have changed. But I am not a bad person because of it. I am a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...