Monday, September 27, 2010

Just a reminder

Never put off tomorrow what could be done today. I say it often, do it occasionally, and feel it today more than ever.

Yesterday lives were taken from my hometown in a tragic ACCIDENT. Although God has it completely under control, those here haven't quite grasped the reasons and the uncertainties are at an all time high.

So why must we now tell everyone we love them, say goodbye one more time, or call just to say hello? Because we forget how fast our lives can be taken from us. We forget our plans aren't nearly as good as God's, and His are the ones that matter most. We forget tomorrow is so far in our future, and we forget that right now is all we really have. It is all that we can grasp.

I didn't know the family personally. Sure, a smile and hey would have been exchanged, and I am positive I have met them sometime in the past. I do know some of the immediate family. However, a family is grieving harder than they have ever grieved, and that is something I have never done. I can only imagine it is the worst feeling in the entire world.

Our worlds have become entirely too cynical, stressful, and negative. But someone is fighting a greater battle. Someone's heart is heavier than yours, and someone needs a shoulder to lean on more than we could even comprehend. We are not invincible, we are imperfect people trying to carry the weight of this world on our shoulders.

I had a preacher who finished every Sunday with the simple quote, "tell someone you love them." I don't know why she said it. I can only assume it is because you may never see them again, and as irrational as that sounds, it is the simple truth. A scary truth.

I don't pretend to be a perfect person, and only write this blog as a reminder. I take so many things for granted. Simple little life things, I take for granted every single day. Right now I am not saying I will never take something for granted again, I am only saying I will do my best not to. I will hope and pray that everyone knows how much I love them, and if they don't, I hope God allows me to tell them before it is too late.

1 comment:

  1. How true. What a great reminder for us all to have. Even on our worst days, we must remember that someone else is fighting an even harder battle. I think one of the blessings of my fire was to teach me the value of things vs. the value of life. Losing the value in life or losing a loved one's life all together is the worst devastation one could possibly go through. My prayers are with the family. You are a very pretty girl, Lindsey, both physically and Spiritually :)

    ReplyDelete

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...